In collaboration with Keen as Mustard Marketing and Koski Research, WIRe has launched the Best Places to Work Award, to both honor and raise awareness of companies who are doing their utmost to promote the well-being of their female employees.
In early 2018, WIRe conducted an industry workplace survey to establish the qualities, experiences, and environments most important to employees in the market research industry. These factors have been used as the criteria for the award. The study found that the eight most important features of market research workplaces for women are:
- Executive leadership that is in line with core values
- Organization/company attitude that reflects understanding of employees’ lives outside work
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Open communication with manager
- Competitive compensation to other organizations in the industry
- Flexibility on where/when they work
- Equal pay to others doing similar work at the same company or with similar experience at the same company
- Skills training
In order to take part in the award, companies will be asked to document how they provide a work/life balance, career advancement opportunities, open communication, skills training and compensation. Both client-side insights departments and research agencies are encouraged to submit. To enter, visit https://www.womeninresearch.org/best/ and complete the form by 31st July.
‘This is a great opportunity to showcase the companies who are leading the way when it comes to equality,’ WIRe Founder, Kristin Luck, commented. ‘We are looking forward to celebrating the marketing research companies and insights departments who are doing their best to provide the qualities, experiences and environments that women want. It’s also important to note that the workplace qualities that benefit women inherently benefit men, too.’
The winners and runners-up will be announced at ESOMAR Congress 2018 in Berlin in September.
Entries to the award are now open. Visit https://www.womeninresearch.org/best/ to enter.